Monday, August 30, 2010

She's here....well...over 10 weeks ago!

Charlotte Elizabeth was born on Friday, June 18th by cesarean section (scheduled) at 5:51 pm weighing 8 lbs 7oz and was 21 inches tall.

We knew that Charlotte would be born on the 18th (also Nana Palmer's birthday). The days leading up the the 18th were filled with lots of packing and cleaning as we had purchased a new house and would be moving a couple of weeks after Charlie arrived.

The day she was born we went to the hospital at 10am, in order to have a lunch time delivery. I was pretty nervous going in. I knew what to somewhat expect, seeing that Izzy was born via c-section, but I was also on some good drugs when I went through that with her. When we got to the hospital they took all my vitals, they hooked me up to all the fun things (not so much :S) and then they had me wait in recovery. While waiting they needed to take someone else in for an emergency c-section, so they moved me to a delivery room. We then went on to have to wait through two more surgeries. The doctor came in at about 4:30pm and said they wanted to get me in by 5pm, seeing that I had been fasting since midnight. We still hadn't heard anything by 5:15pm so things weren't looking good and that I would go home for the night. At 5:30 pm though the nurse cam rushing in and said they were just getting everything ready for me (the day surgery staff was gone, so the nurses in L&D volunteered to help the surgeon so I could have the baby). They whisked me away to the ER and gave me the epidural and hooked me up to more machines. I must say that was probably the quickest and most surreal 10 minutes of my whole life. I was very, very nervous but luckily things went very quickly. By 5:51pm she was here...with a beautiful dark head of hair.

Our hospital stay went very well. She was a pro nurser just like her sister, which made things go very easily. We were all very happy to go home, even though it was ridiculously hot that week (40+ with the humidex).

We are so happy to have a little family of four :) Isabelle has been a wonderful big sister and Charlotte has been a wonderful baby. We are very lucky and fortunate parents. We have gone through alot of bad things over the last few years...but...these two little girls have brought so much happiness into our lives, and we are extremely blessed...they made everything worth while!

Welcome to the world sweet Charlotte!

Love Mommy, Daddy and Izzy

Here are a few pictures of Charlie...enjoy!



Welcome baby Charlotte


Sleeping at the hospital



Snoozing with her gift from Aunt Janet...a Koala Bear all the way from Australia

Cuddling with Nana



Hanging out with Auntie Manda


Her first day at home


Looking good in her new outfit


Sticking out her tongue

First bath in her tub


Just after her bath wondering what the heck just happened to her


Sisters


Silly baby


Sleeping Sweetly

Little smiles

No comments:

Post a Comment